You can send Blumira's finding notifications and scheduled reports to your professional services automation (PSA) system, such as ConnectWise Manage, Datto Autotask, or N-able.
Tip: See Parsing Blumira findings in ConnectWise Manage for information about how to parse and route tickets based on customer account information.
Before you begin
Most MSPs designate an email address that can be used for creating tickets via email, such as firstname.lastname@example.org. You can continue to use this same email address, but some MSPs prefer to create a separate email address for automated alerts from security tools. If you decide now to use your primary ticketing email address with Blumira, you can change it later.
After you determine which email address to use to receive notifications from Blumira, you must create a notification-only user in your account.
Creating a notification-only user account
To create a notification-only user account:
- In the Blumira app, navigate to Settings > Users.
- Click Add New User.
- In the New user window, in First Name and Last Name, type a name for the user (e.g., ConnectWise Ticketing).
- In Email, type the email address that you chose in Determine an email address to receive notifications.
- From the Roles list, select Responder.
- From the Locations list, select the locations that you want to use.
Tip: If you have multiple locations, for most cases, you will want to select all locations.
- Click Add user.
This new user, by default, receives notifications about all Blumira findings, which then appear as new tickets in your PSA tool. If you want to customize the notification settings for this user (i.e., only receive notifications for specific types of findings or priority levels), you can do so in Settings > Users > Edit > Edit User Notifications.
Note: When you create the new user account using your ticketing email address, you will receive a new user welcome email as a ticket. It is not necessary to activate this user account in order to receive notifications.
Sending scheduled reports to your PSA
You might find it helpful for scheduled reports to be sent directly as a ticket, to notify IT staff of available reports and assign work to the appropriate internal resource. If you wish to do this, as mentioned at the top of this article, first determine what email address you wish to use.
To send scheduled reports to your PSA:
- In the Blumira app, in the menu on the left, click Reporting.
- Click Scheduled Reports.
- In the row for the report that you want to send to a channel, click Edit Report.
- In the Recipients box, type your PSA ticketing email address.
- Click Save.